We are a fertility association, set up initially by NHS consultants in 2008. It is now the number one choice clinic for over fifteen IVF centres within the UK for their patients who need egg donation abroad. The UKCFA is directed by Dr. H.I. Tekin, based in Cyprus who is also the Director of the Cyprus IVF Centre (CIC). In the UK it is run by some of the UK’s leading fertility specialists (IVF specialists) with a unique partnership with CIC in Famagusta. There are many other clinics that claim to carry out IVF/egg donation treatment. Please do make sure you check out the details. In the UK, we regularly meet couples for whom egg donation (ovum donation) and egg donation abroad is the best chance of achieving pregnancy and naturally they are unsure of what to do next.
The UK Cypriot Fertility Association (UKCFA) exists for women who need donor eggs, fast access to treatment, an outstanding chance of getting pregnant and personal support by UK Health Professionals every step of the way.
Here are a few of the reasons why we describe the UKCFA as a World Class Service to women and couples whose only chance of achieving a pregnancy is through egg donation:
- Pregnancy rates of over 80%
- We guarantee minimum 10-12 eggs
- Unmatched quality and availability of fertile Donors
- UK Health Professionals in Cyprus and UK Consultant Gynaecologists in charge
- Anonymous treatment
- Other treatments including PGD (family balancing/gender selection)
1. We regularly achieve pregnancy rates of 80% (See Our Results) Pregnancy rates in the UK for treatments using donor eggs are around 40-50% per attempt.
2. We guarantee at least 10-12 eggs. Many of our patients have actually been allocated many more eggs by the CIC. It is however good to know that you are guaranteed a minimum number of 10 eggs. If for any reason you do not get 10 eggs, the CIC will provide you with a further treatment which will be free.
3. UKCFA donor quality and availability is unmatched. We have access to a large and diverse pool of young Caucasian donors as well as donors from African, Asian and Indian subcontinent backgrounds. We will usually offer you a choice of suitable donors (for you to choose from) allowing you to be able to feel comfortable with the choice you make. (See our Donors)
4. UK Health Professionals in Cyprus and Consultant Gynaecologists in charge. Our UK consultants are well known experts in their field and have a vast experience in Reproductive Medicine. Our English speaking staff in Cyprus are always at hand and ensure that you are supported throughout all stages of your treatment in Cyprus. Many women and couples who need donor eggs receive little or no support especially when seeking treatment abroad, relying on word of mouth, interpreters and a guide book! UKCFA is set up solely to help you from start to finish, it’s all we do.
5.Your treatment is completely anonymous. In the CIC, anonymity is very strictly kept, therefore it is impossible for the donor or the recipient to be aware of each other’s identity any time in the future. The donors in the UK can no longer remain anonymous. In the UK, any child born following egg donation has a right to learn the identity and the details of the donor when he/she reaches 18.
The donors are all young, highly educated, rigorously screened and importantly, do not suffer any fertility problems themselves.
6.The CIC also offers other treatments such as IVF using the patient's own eggs through to pre-implantation diagnosis (PGD) for genetic screening or family balancing, gender selection (sex selection)purposes.
This website will take you through all stages of the process from getting in touch, to choosing your donor and having treatment.
We hope you find it useful and look forward to hearing from you.